Thanks for all the suggestions.

With regards to the following; the problem isn't that our sample is
degrading the peak shape but rather that it isn't!  We have an
exceptionally crystalline sample and it seems that the GSAS peak-shape
function only seems able to cope with the HRPD peak shape when convoluted
with sufficient sample broadening.  We've used GSAS for HRPD data analysis
many times before with many different compounds/samples and not
experienced this problem.

> > We're forced to use CCSL for the superior peak shape description and
> > so simply changing refinement program is not an option.  I'm sure
> > that this problem must have been encountered before and I'm suprised that
> >  there's not a 'standard' solution to it.

> For HRPD data I'm surprised you can't get away with using GSAS unless
> you have particularly nasty anisotropic peak shape effects.

Eddie Cussen

Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory,
Department of Chemistry,
University of Oxford,