>I'm trying to do some refinement on Zr-Y-O powders.  I keep getting an error for the
>space group P 42 / n m c S when I try to import the *.cif file for ICSD 90885 into
>EXPGUI. Can someone tell me why?

>It seems I may have answered my own question.  A space seems to be needed between the
>4 and the 2.  This seems to work.  OK?

I would be interested to hear what Brian Toby has to say, since 42/n is one of the
symmetry elements and I would not expect it to be broken up with spaces (but then I am
not sufficiently familiar with how GSAS does that). I would also be interested to know
what EXPGUI/GSAS does with the trailing S in "P 42/n m c S" since this S is special to
ICSD and means that the axes have been chosen to be not at a center of symmetry.

Alan Hewat, ILL Grenoble, FRANCE  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> fax (33) 4.76.20.76.48
(33) 4.76.20.72.13 (.26 Mme Guillermet) http://www.ill.fr/dif/AlanHewat.htm