I really like the format of the JavaPosse, where they basically sit
around a (virtual) table and comment on news/interesting things.
Since the mailinglist has been getting a good amount of traffic since
a month or two, I was thinking of talking about the most interesting
subjects that were discussed there. Also, new efforts like the IDE
plugins can benefit from recent status updates. The same goes for
RIFE itself, and where the development is heading. We can also cover
interesting blogs and news-items that are RIFE-related. Another
possibility is to interview users about why they adopted RIFE, what
they like about it and what they find less well done.

However, I don't think that there's enough material for a weekly
podcast, so I'm thinking about a bi-weekly one. It doesn't have to be
very long either, 10-15 minutes could be enough to start out with.

Sounds good. I was thinking you were shooting for a weekly podcast.

Ok, we did the audio test and found how to get a good quality recording going.

So, any suggestions for the first podcast?

> I guess for me the blocker is the fact that you're going to have a
> bit of a time with just RIFE because of two things: A) low
> established userbase and B) complexity of the topic

I agree, explaining complex topics don't work on talk radio.

It seems that you can nowadays add texts, pictures and video excerpts to podcasts that are synced to the audio. We could use that when something can't be conveyed easily by just talking about it. This should be a last resort though, I think the main focus should be radio without having to watch something in particular.
--
Geert Bevin                       Uwyn bvba
"Use what you need"               Avenue de Scailmont 34

PGP Fingerprint : 4E21 6399 CD9E A384 6619  719A C8F4 D40D 309F D6A9
Public PGP key  : available at servers pgp.mit.edu, wwwkeys.pgp.net