By that it means RIFE managing a bean when you create a table, not about beans that are managed in their own right and throughout their life-cycle.

Beans are nothing special in RIFE, they are the same as regular Java beans. There's nothing you need to know.

RIFE allows beans to be a data structure and transport vehicle. Look at the generic query manager and/or the tutorial videos for answers to most of your questions.

RIFE doesn't map beans to XML or LDAP.