Hi,

as one of my probes also had problems with the USB drive it would be nice to have the procedure on how to recover from this failure described in the FAQ.

Because I just tried my luck and booted without the drive and inserted it when the probe was booted. And this worked but it could have avoided a ticket to the RIPE team if this would have been described in the FAQ.