Hello,

On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 at 15:35, Alun Davies <adav...@ripe.net> wrote:
> We just this morning published an article announcing that, as of today, we
> are accepting applications for anyone interested in hosting RIPE Atlas VM
> anchors. The article points you to all the information you’ll need to apply
> for and install a virtual anchor:
>
> https://labs.ripe.net/Members/alun_davies/announcing-ripe-atlas-vm-anchors

I was reading through the list of requirements for hosting RIPE Atlas
VM Anchors as of Nov 2021.

• https://atlas.ripe.net/docs/anchor-installation-vm/https://atlas.ripe.net/legal/anchors/memorandum/

> Network-wise, RIPE Atlas VM anchors have the following requirements:
> • The anchor must have native IPv4 and IPv6 (if IPv6 is announced in the host
> ASN)
> • Static IPv4 and IPv6 addresses need to be unfiltered (not firewalled)
> • The VM anchor may require up to 10 Mbit bandwidth (it currently requires
> much less)

>From the requirements, I glean if a network is not able to provide an
unfiltered/non-firewalled IPv6 address to the VM. IPv6 is not a
requirement if not used within the applying host ASN. Only an
unfiltered public IPv4 address is.

What about the reverse situation?
↪ I.e. the host ASN applying for hosting a VM Anchor is an IPv6-only
ASN. Not utilizing IPv4 in the ASN. Therefore not able to provide an
unfiltered IPv4 address to the VM?

To my current understanding, the latter example is an instant
disqualification if applying for hosting a RIPE Atlas VM Anchor?

/Chriztoffer