On Wed, 10 Feb 2021, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via ripe-list wrote:

Hi Nigel,

I've the feeling that in part, the lack of volunteers is due to the fact that
existing ones can continue in perpetuity.

Hi,

Just let me share a thought about this:
"existing ones can continue in pertetuity"

For me long standing members of this community are appreciated!
I really miss reading those community members that reached the retirement age and reduced (or ceased, *sigh*) their participation.

Experience is valuable.

Advices are valuable.

What is *extremely* strange to me is people not accepting that others may not accept their advice. If following a given advice was "mandatory" then it would be an "order", not an advice.

Cheers,
Carlos

ps: i'm not over my 5 messages/day quota, or am i...? :-)