Have you compared what tags are present for files that are working vs.
those that aren't?  An extended tag may be present in one case but not
the other.

You mentioned earlier that files will be fixed for a while then they
won't be fixed.  Could it be that playing a file in one of your other
media players is causing the issues?

For instance, I had an old media player that would try to auto-rate its
music and write those ratings to the tags. I'm throwing ideas out there
as it sounds like it isn't something happening due to your initial
ripping and tagging process but later on.  It could include the LMS,
but it sounds unusual, unless one of the plugins is doing something.

--
emalvick