emalvick;688400 Wrote:
> Have you compared what tags are present for files that are working vs.
> those that aren't?  An extended tag may be present in one case but not
> the other.

The fields appear to be identical

emalvick;688400 Wrote:
> You mentioned earlier that files will be fixed for a while then they
> won't be fixed.  Could it be that playing a file in one of your other
> media players is causing the issues?
> For instance, I had an old media player that would try to auto-rate its
> music and write those ratings to the tags. I'm throwing ideas out there
> as it sounds like it isn't something happening due to your initial
> ripping and tagging process but later on.  It could include the LMS,
> but it sounds unusual, unless one of the plugins is doing something.

Rarely use other media players other than Squeezeplay. But perhaps it
is possible that Squeezeplay is the culprit. I compiled it using the
information at this site
http://www.jfwhome.com/2009/11/22/compiling-squeezeplay-on-linux-ubuntu-amd64/

emalvick;688400 Wrote:
> Have you tried to perhaps disable all your LMS plugins and apps? You
> could then enable plugins one by one and see whether they are causing
> your problems. I'd go after the ones that are the most likely to write
> tags or even change your display.

I just tried disabling all my plugins at once (3rd Party). At first it
looked promising as the tracks finally appeared correct. I rebooted the
computer and back to square one with file names appearing instead of tag
titles

--
SlimChances