rigsby wrote:

> I spent the best part of a year ripping my CD collection. For some of
> us there's no avoiding the fact that it will take a long time to
> complete; EAC is the *only* ripping software that I would trust.

Yes, take your time and do it right. Rip to lossless, and spend the time
to get your metadata and artwork right to begin with. metadata almost
always requires a bit of fiddling to match your own system, organization
scheme, etc.  Regarding EAC being only trustworthy ripping software, I
would only add that the gurus over at hydrogenaud.io forums (one of the
few digital music forums I trust) would generally agree with you, with
the exception being that they would say that "EAC and dbpoweramp are the
only windows rippers I would trust."  More recently they might add
CUETOOLS to that list.  Key is to use a secure ripper that uses the
ACCURATERIP database.  dbpoweramp is not better in this regard (although
its author is the inventor/manager of the ACCURATERIP database matching
approach), it is simply a bit more user friendly.  And EAC shouldn't be
free. Any serious user of EAC should be donating at least $40 to the
authors of that program.  I use mp3tag for a lot of post rip tagging.
It's "free" but I donate to the author about once a year.  There is no
free lunch. If we don't support the software we want, we'll be left with
stuff that is not as good!    :cool:

*Location 1:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.8 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* several Touch, Radio, SB3
*Controllers:* iPhone4S & iPad2 (iPeng7 & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify