w3wilkes wrote:
> The problem is I've never been able to get tracks in different folders
> to be joined into a single album even with all relevant tags being
> identical.

This is something I don't personally do, so idk if it works, but my
understanding is that setting a comp=0 tag is supposed to join tracks
from different folders into the same album, if otherwise identical.
It's a hack, (like a lot of servers bizarre behavior) that persists from
the early days, as a reaction to stupid things iTunes was doing, (many
of them still doing)

Various artists "logic" greatest hits "logic" etc... the will to handle
things properly is gone, and been satiated with "good enough" or works
for me, etc, no matter how broken or unintuitive.

using:  win7 64 + lms 7.9 & duet & ipads w/the logitech app, and ipeng
on an ipod
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/various_artists_logic &
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/compilations