elstensoftware wrote:
> It was certainly a problem with old and unmaintained players, but what
> new players don't support it?
>
> I guess there are car stereos etc...

I find that most (not all) players in Android don't support it (or only
loosely support it).  I can't be specific because it has been a year
since I last looked, and perhaps support has improved.  I've only found
2 or 3 in Android that support the tag as well as I've been used to on
desktop systems (like LMS).

Now thankfully it isn't all software, but occasionally, I find a program
I would love to do because it looks nice with good features, but those
end up the cases where the support is not there (or poor).