On Tuesday 06 March 2012 08:36:55 pm Fred Gleason wrote:
> Not particularly difficult, but it does require some inter-host notification
> infrastructure that we don't have as yet so as to allow stale locks to be
> broken (otherwise you risk being semi-permanently locked out of logs that are
> being edited on hosts that go offline unexpectedly).

 I can see a multi-part interaction.

 A flag in the database, set by an editor opening a log for edit.
 Code in the editor to recognize that a flag is set, and behave appropriately.
 A cron job to periodically query the editor setting the flag to see if it's
still valid,
 and clear the flag in the event the editor fails to confirm the flag valid.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

Q:  How many Martians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A:  One and a half.