You need to make sure compiz is not enabled....

VNC will display a blank screen if it is.

On 4/10/2012 6:02 PM, Patrick Schmalstig / WRRJ Radio wrote:
I use the MeshCentral website, however the remote desktop control doesn't fully work on Ubuntu. It may work the first time you install it and then after you can't see the screen when you connect. I'm going to try xrdp. Anyone tried xrdp before? How is it?

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Fred Gleason <fr...@paravelsystems.com <mailto:fr...@paravelsystems.com>> wrote:

    On Apr 10, 2012, at 16:39 06, Rob Landry wrote:

    > Are any of y'all using VNC to control a Rivendell system?
    >
    > If so, how are you doing it?

    I've found x11vnc to be extremely capable.  In addition to being
    able to share a local desktop to multiple remote clients, it can
    do things like 'reverse' connections (where the viewed system
    initiates the connection to the viewer) and encrypt connections
    with both ssh and ssl.  You can find it (along with lots of other
    nifty tools for VNC) at:

    http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Chief Developer | | | Paravel Systems |
| A room without books is like a body without a soul. | | -- Cicero |