On Nov 12, 2012, at 12:09 44, VE4PER/ Andy wrote:

> Has anyone used ssh connection to actually view a remote desktop as a
> way to see and trblshoot w/s problems?

Not by itself, but in conjunction with an X server it can be done.  For
operation over distant links where limited bandwidth is an issue, Karl Runge's
'SSVNC' package provides powerful tools for utilizing VNC over both ssh and ssl
connections.  You can find it at:

        http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/ssvnc.html

We ship this integrated as part of the Broadcast Appliance.  It works very,
very well.

|          A room without books is like a body without a soul.            |
|                                         -- Cicero                       |