Hi Sascha

Thanks for the below instructions, I successfully "made" everything and can
open the OnAirPhone main screen.

I have installed Yate on the same VM as OAP, I run com_server and get
"2013-04-24 22:00:03 Yate server error: Connection refused"

Just a quick ref for anyone else trying to run "make" you have to first make
sure you have pyqt4-dev-tools installed.

Back to Yate and the connection being refused, do I have to configure
something else to make OAP talk to Yate?

Thanks once again for your help on this.

Kind Regards,
Lee

-----Original Message-----
From: rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org
[mailto:rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org] On Behalf Of
sas...@radio42.de
Sent: Wednesday, 24 April 2013 7:07 PM
To: User discussion about the Rivendell Radio Automation System
Subject: Re: [RDD] Voip Based Call Manager

Am 2013-04-23 23:18, schrieb Lee Baker:
> Hi Sascha
>
> That's great! Excited to see a package like this.
>
> I am running Ubuntu 12.4, I have now setup python, python-qt4, git,
> yate, yateadmin and blink.
>
> I have downloaded your package via git, just wondering if you might be
> able to post some documentation on how to run and configure.
>
> I go to run the oapscreener.py and get the below message
>
> onair@onair-VirtualBox:~/Downloads/OnAirPhone$ ./oapscreener.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./oapscreener.py", line 45, in <module>
>     from screener import Ui_MainWindow
> ImportError: No module named screenerscreen Perhaps I am doing
> something incorrectly?
> Cheers,
> Lee

you have to call "make" so that all the python resource and ui files are
built :-) but that's only needed once in a while when you make changes to
the qt-resource or ui files.
The makefile uses the tool "pyuic" to generate the python ui files from the
Qt .ui files.
In the git tree there is a subdir called "yate" which has a sample config
"studio1.conf" and the yateconnector.tcl.
IMHO you can just run the yateconnector.tcl on the machine where yate is
running. The yateconnector should connect to the yate port 5039 which may be
enabled in the yate configfile (extmodule.conf).
If you have a connection to yate it should give you some output like
this:

debian:~/OnAirPhone/yate$ ./yateconnector.tcl Yate OAP Server 0.1
* reading config
- Service Name:    Test Radio
- Phone Lines:     6
- Handled Number:  111 "Local Call"
- Handled Number:  628 "Studio Hotline"
- Line Mode:       numeric
- Device:          100 OnAir Console
- Device:          101 Studio 1
- Device:          102 Screener 1
- Device:          105 Test Client
* ready

Then you have to start the com_server.py on a machine within an
ipv4-routable network :-) so I guess in your case it's on the same
virtualmachine :-) com_server.py reads it's config directly from the
yateconnector.tcl.
So the basic idea is:
yate <-> yateconnector.tcl <-> com_server.py <-> multiple instances of
oapscreener.py on multiple PCs

Hope that get's the first run done :-)
I will also add this mail to my wiki located at
http://www.astrastudio.de/wiki/ for further reference.
I will also add yate regexroute.conf config snippets so you know how to
setup the 'incoming' "Handled Numbers" in yate.

Best regards
Sascha