On Wednesday 25 September 2013 09:01:18 am Alan Peterson wrote:
> The Slax disc - ostensibly a live disc that should not touch the contents of
> the hard drive - actually *did* mess with it and made changes that still took
> effect after ejecting the disc. Inside a shell, I saw the computer now
> defaulted to a user named "slax", not "rd". So much for "no changes will be
> made to your hard drive".

 I noticed that a while ago.
 Slax has a command line switch to enable/disable that "feature."
 ( though we'd all prefer a more sensible default )

 It used to default to not writing anything,
 but using the swap partition if it exists.

 By the same token, I'm not fond of the Rivendell DVD wiping
 everything on the existing disk.
 I'd prefer the option to choose, much like Slackware will ask if
 it finds a compatible file system.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

If you're going to do something tonight that you'll be sorry for
tomorrow morning, sleep late.
                -- Henny Youngman