On Oct 31, 2013, at 11:25 19, Alessio Elmi wrote:

> Anyway, as you Fred asked, it didn't create any wav file. /var/snd was empty,
> even though by rivendell point of view it was correctly imported (it took
> less than a second).

Smells like a permissions problem.  A common issue I've noted with SELinux
setups is that Rivendell's CGI components ('rdxport.cgi', 'rdcastmanager.cgi')
are not tagged so as to allow writing files (remember, SELinux layers another,
entirely different permissioning scheme on top of the familiar Unix model).
One RedHat-ish systems, the requisite permissions can be added to the relevant
scripts by doing something like:

        chcon --type=httpd_unconfined_script_exec_t <full-path-to-script>

Unfortunately, SELinux is one of those things that are notorious for being
configured differently across distros; thus the only sane policy is to ignore
it in the vanilla makefiles.  Downstream maintainers may want to consider
adding the relevant chcon(1) calls in their packaging setups.

|             Logic is a way to go wrong with confidence.                 |
|                                   --Robert Heinlein                     |
|                                   "The Notebooks of Lazarus Long"       |