I haven't yet tried Rivendell on Trusty, but I have had to deal with
Apache-related config updates on a number of non-Rivendell Trusty systems.
Trusty moved to a new version of Apache (2.4) relative to Precise (2.2) and
a lot of the old config parameters have changed. So it wouldn't surprise me
if it was a permissions issues somewhere in the Apache config do to a
changed parameter.