See Below

On 11/26/2014 3:56 PM, Cowboy wrote:
On Wednesday 26 November 2014 06:52:38 pm Rich Stivers wrote:
When I rdimport a track to a Group with no cart range, I get the error
"No free carts in specified group".
At my installation we want some Groups with no cart range. (I put 0 in
the beginning default cart number.)
Has anyone else had this error and if so, how is it fixed?
  What error ?

  If you deliberately create a group with no available space,
  ( why would you do that ? ) then telling you that there is
  no available space is correct !
This is true if Enforce Cart Range is ON. I want Enforce Cart Range OFF. When I defined a test group with no Cart Range, Enforce Cart Range is grayed-out as OFF, yet it behaves as if Enforce Cart Range is ON. See
attachment in second message.

Enforce Cart Range ON is a help to some stations but not to ours. Our station is an independent, community non-comm who plays multiple Genres of Music (15-25) much like a University Station. One Rivendell Group called MUSIC wouldn't serve us well, since we expect to have roughly 200,000+ carts to begin with. We want a Group for each Genre to narrow down search lists, and each Group should have no limits on the numbers
of carts in that Group.

As a further test, I created Groups WITH Cart Number Ranges, with and without the Enforce Cart Range option, and they both act the same, i.e. when all ID's are used the "no free carts ..." message is displayed. It
appears the Enforce Cart Range choice box set to OFF has no effect.

Am I missing something as to the meaning of Enforce Cart Range?

Thanks,
Rich Stivers
KKUP-FM 91.5, Cupertino, CA