On Monday 19 January 2015 09:11:38 am erm...@studioplume.com wrote:
> On this topic i would vote for a per host option to replace "peak
> normalization to -xx dBFS" with "alignement to -nn LUFS".

 I would caution against ! ( having given this a LOT of thought )

 Rivendell, being a *professional* automation system by and for
 *professional* broadcasters, I can see where the production rat
 has spent hours getting a piece "just so" to have it destroyed by
 a machine's idea of what "sounds even" to a human.

 If it must be, then I will vote for an admin configured option,
 that is OFF by default.
 Better, as an add-on plug-in that is *not* installed by default.

 Peak normalization does not affect the "sound" of a piece in any way,
 so is a good thing to insure consistent level imported into the system.
 The prod rat can do what he's paid to do, with no thought of having
 his work altered by something he can not control.
 Of course, if everything went through the prod room before being
 imported, there would be no need for any normalization at all,
 but in the real world that just doesn't happen, so peak normalization
 is the compromise with minimal damage.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

Before Xerox, five carbons were the maximum extension of anybody's
ego.