Hey Ryan,

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Ryan Kingham <k1n9h...@gmail.com> wrote:

> it sends the stream directly to the host provider and goes to the
> listeners which the reason why i dont want to drop the
> Winamp/Shoutcast is because I might want to add another station or
> swap out the automation computer just in case if my automation
> computer goes bad, because i might swap out the desktop soon and
> bottom line is that I'm not good with Linux programming at all, let
> alone install software and look up changes to things. If I get another
> computer, I'll be able to switch out the computer and go from
> there....

Fine, I know there are reasons to do things in different ways. So I have
already answered this in the last email. Have your tried that solution yet?

Setup the icecast rlm on the rivendell machine and point it to the
shoutcast server on the windows machine and you should be good to go. (With
the proper config file so that it can update the metadata of the stream on
the shoutcast server.

Try something like this in /etc/rivendell/rlm/rlm_icecast2.conf for a start:

[Icecast1]

Username=admin
Password=shoutcastpassword
Hostname=192.168.001.002
Tcpport=8000
Mountpoint=/
FormatString=%a - %t - %l
MasterLog=Yes
Aux1Log=No
Aux2Log=No

if you haven't. If we can't get the icecast rlm to speak to the shoutcast
server, we can most likely set up a local icecast server on the rivendell
machine and let the shoutcast server pull a relay.

Let me know the results of your efforts.

drew