Easy enough, you can also do this:

sudo ln -s /etc/init.d/mysql /etc/init.d/mysqld

I suppose this is preferable to a source code change under debian?

Wayne Merricks
The Voice Asia

On 16/04/15 17:57, Thomas Golding wrote:
BINGO!

Found the problem and it is indeed a discrepancy between CentOS and Debian.
In order to get amand working correctly in Debian you must modify the source
under amand/amand.cpp and change line #602 where it makes a system call
"service mysqld status" to "service mysql status". Apparently the Debian
packagers didn't think the d was necessary and left it off the service name.
Re-run make; make install and now it works! Fred, could this be detected and
changed by the ./configure script?

I also have an aman feature request I'd like to make to Fred: the ability to
change the audio store location for each host A/B in the aman.conf to
something other than the hard coded /var/snd. This way if we are using
RDSelect to change the audio store location for the Rivendell services, aman
can keep on syncing the local audio store copy instead of getting confused
when /var/snd suddenly points to a different location. The System B box can
be used as a Rivendell workstation for the System A box (or vice versa) if
it could be configured this way.

Thanks,

Thomas Golding
Engineering Manager