On May 1, 2015, at 22:49 58, John Stanley <john.stan...@elslc.com> wrote:

> Would you elaborate on what your doing with KVM, please. Are you using
> the AoIP drivers or Audio Science Physical Hardware (via PCI
> Passthrough).

Neither.  It used JACK with the Dummy driver; output was by means of the
GlassCoder ICES client to IceCast.  The logical next step will be to try it
with some sort of AoIP (NetJACK or LiveWire).  I have no idea if KVM supports a
full class 2 multicast implementation (needed for LiveWire), so it’ll be an
interesting experiment.

> MySQL? Storage, With what method?

Both on a external, dedicated server (not virtualized).  A straight
BroadcastAppliance 2 setup (CentOS 6), with audio stores shared via NFS.