I've recently moved to Aman for replication between two servers:

http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/Aman_Debian_Wheezy_Install

But to be honest my backup solution for years has been mysqldump and an rsync on /var/snd. I recently moved to a simple system (I swear there is a tool in Rivendell for this but I couldn't find it) of symlinking /var/snd and switching between local playback and remote server playback.

Basically I use NFS to mount the servers /var/snd to /var/snd_server and I have a local /var/snd_local. I then installed the database locally too.

Every night I rsync over a copy of the audio and do a mysql import of the most recent db backup.

If I need to switch I then run my script which changes the symlink e.g.:

ln -sfn /var/snd_local /var/snd

and updates the /etc/rd.conf file:

sed -i s/"Hostname=$SERVER"/"Hostname=localhost"/g /etc/rd.conf

You have to kill the daemons and reload them after you've finished (opening rdairplay will take care of loading daemons if they're not yet running).

Basically there are a dozen different ways to do what you want. I would advise against using a Corosync DRBD (or is that DBRD?) cluster. I had one of those spectacularly fail when I had to reboot a server for maintenance and decided never again.

Regards,

Wayne