Hi,

You need /var/run/rivendell on every machine that has Rivendell on it.

If you run caed from a terminal you'll see an error something like:

error writing pid /var/run/rivendell permission denied.

First of all make sure this directory exists:

$ sudo mkdir -p /var/run/rivendell

Next make sure Rivendell can write to this directory

$ sudo chgrp rivendell /var/run/rivendell
$ sudo chmod g+rwx /var/run/rivendell

This should solve your daemons problems. If it doesn't make sure your logged in users are part of the rivendell group e.g.:

$ sudo adduser waynemerricks rivendell

... would add me to the rivendell group. If that fixes it reboot to make sure.

If it still breaks when you restart you can try amending the rivendell init script:

$ sudo nano /etc/init.d/rivendell

On line 33 (Ctrl + C to show the line number) you'll see this:

install --directory --mode 02775 --owner=*root* --group="$AUDIOGROUP" $PIDDIR

If I wanted to change this owner to my logged in user (e.g. waynemerricks) I would do this:

install --directory --mode 02775 --owner=*waynemerricks*** --group="$AUDIOGROUP" $PIDDIR

Reboot again and it should work every time.

Regards,

Wayne