Drew,

What I did was download the source file and compile using Wayne's guide. It
was fairly easy.

I did add two additional steps after compile.

Change the envvars file in /etc/apache2

export APACHE_RUN_USER = change this to your linux username. Mine is just
Pi.
export APACHE_RUN_GROUP=change to rivendell or whatever your audio group
name is.

To get the Rivendell daemons to automatically boot on startup:

add sudo /etc/init.d/rivendell start to the  file /etc/rc.local

Also make sure you copy the rd-bin.conf to /etc/apache2/conf.d as listed in
Wayne's guide.

Hope this helps

Seth

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 8:24 AM, drew Roberts <zotz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 8:15 AM, Wayne Merricks <
> waynemerri...@thevoiceasia.com> wrote:
>
>> When you do a manual source install, you have to compile GPIO separately
>> (it doesn't work on 3.x kernels).  HPI is detected at the configure stage
>> and also won't install (you're on a Pi).
>>

> Right.
>

>> I'm guessing that by using the tryphon src it is pulling in all of that
>> without giving you an option.  Download the source directly and follow the
>> same steps:
>>

> I think I can do this from the deb side of things if I make the correct
> adjustments in the debian directory of the source downloaded from tryphon.
> I just need to figure that bit out I think.
>
> I had no problem with the steps given below on the tryphon sources.
>
> I had problems afterwards getting the apache stuff to work and things like
> that. I have it playing sounds from rdiarplay via alsa just fine at this
> time. There are other issues still to be sorted though.
>

>> wget
>> http://www.rivendellaudio.org/ftpdocs/rivendell/rivendell-2.12.0.tar.gz
>> tar -zxvf rivendell-2.12.0.tar.gz
>>
>> cd rivendell-2.12.0
>>
>> ./configure --libexecdir=/var/www/rd-bin
>> make
>> sudo make install
>>
>> That is pretty much it other than sorting out any init scripts to cope
>> with /var/run/rivendell.
>>

> all the best,
>
> drew
>

>> On 25/04/16 12:55, drew Roberts wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 7:18 AM, Wayne Merricks <
>> <waynemerri...@thevoiceasia.com>waynemerri...@thevoiceasia.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The Pi build is basically the same as Debian 6.  I've put it on an
>>> original Pi a few years ago.
>>>

>>> http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/Debian_6_Install_Rivendell_2.1.1_from_Source
>>>
>>> The issue with Jessie is QT3 is a pain to get going manually but if you
>>> add the tryphon source repos you should be fine.
>>>

>> Thanks for the feedback Wayne.
>>
>> I did:
>>
>> apt-get source rivendell
>>
>> from the tryphon repos.
>>
>> From my first post one this subject:
>>
>> "Tried building the deb the debian way but Had issues with the fact that
>> I could not get the gpio stuff to compile on this kernel and that I could
>> not get the audioscience stuff to be seen."
>>
>> I probably should have solved that and proceeded in the normal debian way.
>>
>> What I did was proceed with a more normal;
>> ./autogen.sh
>> ./configure --libexecdir=/var/www/rd-bin
>> make
>> make
>> sudo make install
>>
>> route and then try fix issues  from there.
>>
>> If you know off the top of your head, how would you tell the deb section
>> to leave out the gpio and sudioscience bits?
>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Wayne
>>>
>>> all the best,
>>
>> drew

> [...]