Just as an FYI to any Ubuntu server users, I had to go through the pain of updating a web server to Ubuntu 16.04. 16.04 really should not be used in production unless you're willing to work around breakages during the upgrade.

I've had minor issues in the past with obscure bits but MySQL, PHP and Apache all breaking/not installing properly on the update is something obvious I think should have been fixed before release. Hopefully it will change with the first point release as previously I've updated various machines as far back as 10.04 over the years without issue so this break was completely unexpected.