---- On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 11:25:57 +0100 Cowboy wrote ----

 >  A consequence of forked open source.
 >
 >  Rivendell on CentOS remains fully supported.

I thought that was the beauty of running open source - you are not restricted
to a closed OS platform but have the choice what to use.  However, you do raise
a valid point.

As far as the CentOS version goes, I've just installed that onto a test
machine, and when I get time, I'm having a play.  Being used to the regular
updates of Ubuntu etc, the one thing that did surprise me was the Kernel
version and age of the OS.  However, I suppose that this only really needs to
be updated to support major new pieces of hardware, and that stability is the
most important thing in the broadcast world.  Is it worth me taking a look at
the beta CentOS 7 version of the appliance or should I forget this for now?