On Tuesday 21 June 2016 03:05:50 pm Rob Landry wrote:
> The problem is that the USB sound device occasionally disappears, then
> reappears, causing Rivendell not to see it until the Rivendell daemons are
> restarted.

 Good for you ! ( restarting the daemons )

 I've seen this before, and not just with USB sound cards, but with other
 USB things, whence I learned that the *only* way to actually reset the
 USB, is a cold restart.

 Were that there was ( and perhaps today there is ) a way to re-initialize
 the USB without a firmware reset.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

Stult's Report:
        Our problems are mostly behind us.  What we have to do now is
fight the solutions.