OK, it's a hardware (sound card) issue. I looked at /var/log/messages and
found a sample rate mis-match so added "rate 48000" to the end of the
/etc/asound.conf file. You can find the discussion and solution in a thread
early in Feb 2016.  Now I must have permission issues because the Library
won't let me see the test tone and grays out most of the buttons.

I usually install the appliance on newer computers and usually with ASI
sound cards so this one has special challenges.

Tom Van Gorkom
Office: 956-380-8150
Cell: 865-803-7427

Rio Grande Bible Institute