On Fri, 24 Jun 2016 01:04:52 +0000 (UTC)
John Anderson <validmirror...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Okay, deep down you are a real sickie, Curt...

 Yes, but you already knew that.  ;)

> So far, this seems a
> bit more elusive...it doesn't appear to be specifically related to
> Rivendell,

 I believe it isn't, at all.

 The installation of CentOS 6.8 that I gave Fred yesterday has only
 a source installation of Rivendell, not a compiled or runable in
 any way installed package, so it's about as pure a CentOS 6.8
 installation as I have, and it has the issue.

 Therefore, the gam_server problem must be CentOS 6.8 alone.
 That's why I gave Fred that disk. CentOS 6.8 only, and does
 exhibit the issue on my hardware.
 There's still a possibility that THAT disk may not exhibit the
 problem on the hardware available to Fred's location.

 That's both good and bad.
 It's good that it apparently has nothing to do with Rivendell.
 It's bad that it looks like an issue with CentOS, which may mean
 that the only thing we can do, is downgrade to 6.7 ( which there is
 no easy downgrade path that I know about ) and run that until such
 time as Red Hat ( or the CentOS folks ) fix the problem, and release
 a fix that doesn't break anything else.

 Meantime, *my* recomendation is to install 6.7, then add the Rivendell
 packages from the Paravel site.
 CentOS 6.7 is available from http://vault.centos.org/6.7/isos/x86_64/
 and Riv.

http://download.paravelsystems.com/CentOS/6/CentOS/rivendell-2.14.1-1.x86_64.rpm

 It's a bit of work, but until we have a better solution...

--
Cowboy

http://cowboy.cwf1.com

Uncle Ed's Rule of Thumb:
        Never use your thumb for a rule.  You'll either hit it with a
hammer or get a splinter in it.