Cowboy,

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Cowboy <c...@cwf1.com> wrote:

> On Monday 27 June 2016 04:26:12 pm Gerard wrote:
> > "yum update Rivendell"  said yes when needed on the update
> > Then did nothing at all apart from shut  centos 6.6 down switched pc off
> then on again then tried to open rdairplay ... daemons failed
> > this says to me that there is a fundamental error in the appliance ver V
> Rivendell 2.14.1
>
>  No, that's a fundamental error in the user not doing what has been stated,
>  and restated time and time again.

Given that this is the case and since it does not seem like it is a problem
that will go away, is there a safe way to have rivendell make this check
and run the rdadmin bits automatically on such an upgrade?

How can such automation of the database upgrade blow things up horribly and
thus make this a terrible idea?

drew

Bahamain Or Nuttin - http://www.bahamianornuttin.com
<http://www.bahamianornuttin.com/>