You can use bash as a "dropbox" that copies to the real Rivendell dropbox directory afterwards

#!/bin/bash

#Path to Rivendell dropbox (Change this to whatever)
#Keep the trailing /
RIVENDELL=/home/rivendell/dropbox/

#Would be a good idea to run this in screen so that you can monitor it
#e.g.
# screen -d -m -S mp3fixer /path/to/this/script.sh
# monitor with screen -r mp3fixer
# screen runs in the background so add it as a startup script and forget
# about it

#Variable to set as running forever
RUNNING=1

#Loop forever
while [ $RUNNING -eq 1 ]; do

  #Find the mp3s
  for file in $(find -name "*.mp3"); do

    #We have mp3s so do something with them
    echo Found $file
    mp3val "$file" -f

    #Move it to Rivendell dropbox
    mv "$file" $RIVENDELL

  done

  #Wait for 30 seconds before checking again
  sleep 30

done

Please note I'm writing this from google and direct to email so please check it or let me know if something doesn't work properly.