OK, Egg on Face time (and it's not Easter Eggs)

I presumed that since all was well with the card when running the Broadcast
Appliance and not with the Script Install, there must be a difference between
the two causing it not to work.  Well, moving the card to a different PCI slot
has cured the problem.  Yep, putting the card into a different slot and it now
works OK with the script install as well as the Broadcast Appliance.  Why did I
not remember the basics of my computer fault finding training?

So,  to sum up.

Creative Labs Audigy 2 (SB0240) does work with Rivendell.  If it is set up
correctly in the RDAlsaConfig, you can use it with 3 separate analogue outputs.
 On my machine, it appears as 5 devices in the RDAlsaConfig and it is the last
of these devices that give it the 3 outputs.  Also, you must get it in the
right slot on the motherboard to get it to work.