Rick,

I'm a little surprised here - I don't know why you would put a playback
machine on a network connection that has direct access to the internet.
For best security practices it should be on a private network without
internet access.

Even though Linux is much more secure then other OSes, what you've
described is just asking for trouble.

Lorne Tyndale