There is a Livewire driver for Rivendell. Check with Paravell for details. At
one time it had to be licensed through Telos but I'm not sure now.

Livewire is in some ways proprietary but the actual audio transport is an IETF
standard. If your transmitter is a Nautel, it has a Livewire input port. If
your studio and transmitter are co-located there are lots of ways to connect
the studio and automation to the transmitter. If it's remote, AoIP as such has
some challenges. The link has to be VERY good to make it work.

Kind of the next step down is digital audio out of Rivendell and a lossless
codec with digital I/O at both ends. That's what we're doing here. What you
don't get with that set up is low latency that AoIP provides. Not really a
problem for automation but if you have live to air, announcers can't really
stand to use delayed off air sound in their headphones when they are trying to
talk.

Bill Putney - WB6RFW
Chief Engineer
KPTZ - Port Townsend, WA

PP-SEL/A&P-IA

I'm running for Port Commissioner. I'd like your support. For more info:
http://PutneyForThePort.VOTE