* Tim Camp <t...@dotcom1.net> [2017-09-19 18:27]:

> Wondering if anyone has had some elegant ideas on how to output from
> rdairplay directly to a ip audio to the waiting decoder at the
> transmitter site?

You could do gstreamer (as previously suggested) or just vlc and encode
it that way on the RDAirplay machine. Then some kind of player (like
VLC in cli mode) on the receiving end. The latter should be doable with
a Pi or other low-cost thing.

Of course, you'd need to tweak the settings to ensure that it reconnects
automatically etc. A big plus is you can remote-control it by ssh if
something goes haywire.

I'm not in radio anymore (unfortunately :( ) but I used this kind of
setup in umpteen variations when I was (IP streaming to FM transmitter,
IP streaming to webradio hub, IP streaming live events, IP streaming
from home studio to the main studio when I couldn't be arsed to drive
there etc etc).

--
Vegard Svanberg <veg...@svanberg.no> [*Takapa@IRC (EFnet)]