We use PFSense software on PC hardware. PFSense implements several different VPN arrangements but we are using IP/SEC since it is one of the very few that hasn't been hacked. Some one I know was looking at Ubiquiti Cloud Key remote and I did a search for exploits and it has been listed as having "Critical" level hacks. Not sure about their edge routers but you should search for exploits for whatever equipment you use that interfaces the Internet.

Bill Putney - WB6RFW

District 2 Commissioner - Port of Port Townsend
Chief Engineer - KPTZ
El Jefe de Contenido - Port Townsend Film Festival
Private Pilot-Single Engine Land | Airframe & Powerplant / Inspection Authorization