Ahhhh, its that last paragraph that I overlooked.

I will give the install script a go.

To be completely honest, what scares me most is updates.  While rare I'm sure, a failed update on a production machine could be disastrous.  Yet at the same time if you don't update at all [don't fix something that isn't broke] yet station A has features that station B doesn't [because they are on different versions], then they complain.

I just need to take a leap of faith...

-Alan