On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 06:46:17 -0500
drew Roberts <zotz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone see problems with this line of thinking

 In the 14 ( or is it 18 ? ) machine system we have,
 that's exactly how it's done, and for those same reasons.

 There is the additional that VNC is also on the on-air
 machines so that when the place is unattended, a competent
 person can get in and fix something, just in case.
 In order to do it, they first have to vnc into the "second"
 machine in your scenario, then vnc to the on-air.
 The extra steps make it certain that it's not an accident.
 Most of the people are coming from vnc on windows, but at least
 one comes in from vnc on his iPad.

 There is also x11vnc at my desk workstation, but normally not running.
 If needed ( it has been ) the procedure is to ssh -L 5900:localhost:5900
 into that machine, then start x11vnc "locally" and then VNC in.
 It's a bit more secure that way, but not for the neophyte.

--
Cowboy

Grief is the Reminder that we Loved.
         And were Loved.