Fred,

  I should have documented what I did and exactly what happened. My memory just isn't what it used to be.

IF I am remembering correctly, I forgot to set the time zone at CentOS install time.  When I discovered the issue I double clicked the clock in the GUI while logged in as user 'RD' and set the time zone.  The time/zone for the user showed correct, but RDAirplay was off by an hour still.

It wasn't until I changed the time zone in the terminal as root I believe that straightened it out.

As I said I could be wrong, but that is the best of my recollection.

-Alan