I've been doing something like that for World Classical Network since 2007. At one point there were as many as 14 stations (currently just 4) running the same music but different local content. Each station has a Rivendell box with a copy of the music library; the voice tracks are rsync'd through a reverse SSH tunnel to each box from a central server.

I wrote a Perl script that compares the CUTS and CART tables of the remote database to those on the server, and updates them when a cut is updated. I also have a Perl script that imports daily logs as text files from the server and uses rdlogmanager to import them into Rivendell.

I also have a script that can synchronize the LOGS and [day of week]_LOG tables between a master Rivendell system and a remote one (typically maintained as a backup at a transmitter site). All of these scripts were written for Rivendell v2; I have not looked at Rivendell v3 to see if they will still work.

Rob

--
Я там, где ребята толковые,
Я там, где плакаты "Вперёд",