On Feb 19, 2020, at 23:35, drew Roberts <zotz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> what cards should show in 3.x?

It depends on what version of ASI’s ‘hpklinux’ driver is being used. Not all
ASI cards are supported in any given driver version. For CentOS 7 setups, we
provide three, v4.13.0, v4.20.10 and 4.20.21 (with v4.20.21 being installed by
default). Any ASI-5XXX or ASI-6XXX card (the ones with the orange colored
mu-metal shields) should be able to work with one of those drivers, although
sometimes some experimentation is required to find out which driver does the
trick. You can find the RPMs at:

        http://static.paravelsystems.com/audioscience/centos/7/

That said, ASI-4XXX cards (the ones with the blue mu-metal shields) are NOT
supported in Rivendell at all. (Sorry. I know that there are lots of these for
sale on eBay for cheap, but there’s a good reason for that: they are
incompatible with modern PC hardware).

> I have a small spare rivendell system with an asi card (iirc) which was 2.x
> but I just wiped that and installed 3.x
>
> rdalsaconfig does not show the asi card.

Nor should it on a standard CentOS setup. While some distros do support running
ASI cards through the standard ALSA layer, you *really* do not want to do that
for Rivendell. ASI’s ‘hpklinux’ driver is required to unlock the advanced
features (time scaling, hardware MPEG support) that is found on many ASI cards.
For the list of cards recognized by the system, see
RDAdmin->ManageHosts->AudioResources. If you card doesn’t show, try backing
down the hpklinux driver to an earlier version.

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |