Fred,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 6:49 PM Fred Gleason <fr...@paravelsystems.com>
wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2020, at 23:35, drew Roberts <zotz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> what cards should show in 3.x?
>

> It depends on what version of ASI’s ‘hpklinux’ driver is being used. Not
> all ASI cards are supported in any given driver version. For CentOS 7
> setups, we provide three, v4.13.0, v4.20.10 and 4.20.21 (with v4.20.21
> being installed by default). Any ASI-5XXX or ASI-6XXX card (the ones with
> the orange colored mu-metal shields) should be able to work with one of
> those drivers, although sometimes some experimentation is required to find
> out which driver does the trick. You can find the RPMs at:

Did you miss this from the first email?

rdalsaconfig shows Audioscience ASI6622

I may have been unclear though, I think the cards both systems are
identical. (The current 2.x is the newer card, the one in the spare system
is the old card from the server that took the lightening strike back when.)

> http://static.paravelsystems.com/audioscience/centos/7/
>
> That said, ASI-4XXX cards (the ones with the blue mu-metal shields) are
> NOT supported in Rivendell at all. (Sorry. I know that there are lots of
> these for sale on eBay for cheap, but there’s a good reason for that: they
> are incompatible with modern PC hardware).
>

> I have a small spare rivendell system with an asi card (iirc) which was
> 2.x but I just wiped that and installed 3.x
>
> rdalsaconfig does not show the asi card.
>

> Nor should it on a standard CentOS setup.

So, this was a Centos 7 and Rivendell scripted install per the normal
instructions. The scripted install does not look for ASI cards and
configure them then?

I got it working fairly soon after asking, I can't remember exactly how but
it looks like it included:

yum install hpklinux.x86_64
modprobe hpklinux
modprobe snd_asihpi

I am not sure if I had to do anything else but it eventually showed up.

> While some distros do support running ASI cards through the standard ALSA
> layer, you *really* do not want to do that for Rivendell. ASI’s ‘hpklinux’
> driver is required to unlock the advanced features (time scaling, hardware
> MPEG support) that is found on many ASI cards. For the list of cards
> recognized by the system, see RDAdmin->ManageHosts->AudioResources. If you
> card doesn’t show, try backing down the hpklinux driver to an earlier
> version.
>
> Cheers!

> | Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
> |                           |             Paravel Systems             |
>
> Thanks, all the best,

drew
--
Enjoy the *Paradise Island Cam* playing