Chuck:

Thanks for this information. I'll do some more digging on my system.

Rich

On 3/30/2020 1:36 PM, Chuck wrote:
   This sounds like a problem I had way back with v2.10.3, which Cowboy
said he also encountered in later versions.  It's a file that actually
exists in the audio store, but which the Library and AirPlay say does
not contain audio.

   Here was my experience.  There are some songs that I want to do
things to--like add reverb to the last note that might end in a way
that makes it sounds chopped, or raise the volume on a fade-out to keep
the level up until the desired segue point.  In the library, I would
copy cut 1 and paste to a new cut 2, operate on cut 2 to achieve the
desired result, then weight the original cut 1 to zero so it never
played, but preserving that original track.  I never had a problem in a
couple years on v2.10.2, but in 2.10.3, that cut 2 paste would show
0:00 length and when opening the marker editor, it would claim there
was no audio present in the cut--even though the cut 2 track existed in
the audio store, and played fine with other software, showing no
errors.

   Now what's worse, is that this did not always happen.  I could
reboot, and sometimes things worked normally, as expected.  But often
when pasting into cut 2, the length would show as 0:00 and I knew RD
would never, ever admit there was actually audio on that cut.

   This sounds like it could be similar to the problem you are having.
My experience was that once the Library said that cut had no audio, no
amount of rebooting or database checking would make it say that already
existing pasted cut was playable.  But rebooting sometimes cured the
problem of the Library pasting a 0:00 track into a new cut.

   I'm just moving to v3.3, so I have not had enough time with it to see
if that problem still exists.  I never saw a fix reported, only
Cowboys' report that he had seen it, too.

--Chuck

On Mo, 30 Mar 2020 01:25:09 -0700