Chuck,

I am asking for a bit of clarification and, if I am reading your process
right, I have a suggestion for an alternative process that may make a
difference.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 4:44 PM Chuck <dj.chuc...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>   This sounds like a problem I had way back with v2.10.3, which Cowboy
> said he also encountered in later versions.  It's a file that actually
> exists in the audio store, but which the Library and AirPlay say does
> not contain audio.
>
>   Here was my experience.  There are some songs that I want to do
> things to--like add reverb to the last note that might end in a way
> that makes it sounds chopped, or raise the volume on a fade-out to keep
> the level up until the desired segue point.  In the library, I would
> copy cut 1 and paste to a new cut 2,

I just went into my 3.x rdlibrary and did this for a test cart.

> operate on cut 2 to achieve the
> desired result,

Where / how are you doing this? Somewhere in rdlibrary? Or with an audio
editor "behind Rivendell's back" as it were? I am guessing the latter.

> then weight the original cut 1 to zero so it never
> played, but preserving that original track.

If I am guessing correctly, the second cut has been altered and rivendell
did not do the altering.

(I can't recall if I have ever done this in the past for other reasons, I
am fairly certain I have never tired what I think you are doing.

>   I never had a problem in a
> couple years on v2.10.2, but in 2.10.3, that cut 2 paste would show
> 0:00 length and when opening the marker editor, it would claim there
> was no audio present in the cut--even though the cut 2 track existed in
> the audio store, and played fine with other software, showing no
> errors.

If I am guessing correctly, here is an alternate workflow that may make a
difference for you if you have not already tried it and found it does not
make a difference.

copy the cut in question to a working directory:

cp /var/snd/000001_001.wav /tmp/working.wav

operate on /tmp/working.wav to achieve the desired result

click on import/export button to import another cut into the cart
select /tmp/working.wav

Do your cut weighting trick per your usual workflow.

This is all done with Rivendell watching "what it wants to watch"...

all the best,

drew