I am experiencing lots of problems with v3.3, and one of them is what
you mention.  However, if I generate logs immediately after rebooting,
log creation is amazingly fast--less than 3 minutes.  But if the
computer has been running for an hour or so, just generating one log
can take up to 3 hours.  Something is happening during normal operation
that messes things up.  After the problem surfaces, database backup
won't work, and even the Library finally locks up.  Oddly, Airplay
continues running through it all.  Tried totally different hardware,
and the problem is there on both, so I doubt it is on the user end.

--Chuck