Hi Jay,

Rivendell has always been slow to construct logs on any platform despite ram and fast drives for the OS and with space for the scratch files which are not stored in virtual ram. Big library, lots of scheduler codes, lots of events, scheduler rules, many clocks. I have a small system [3000 audio tracks]  which can make a log in 5 minutes, and a big system [80,000 audio tracks] which takes an hour to create a log. Since the hour is at 1am and I am doing drum and bass in my bed it does not bother me.

The processing time is taken up by MySQL.

Looking at system demand when I create a log RDLOGMANAGER is hogging CPU at 80% or so

which can be tweaked. I have just looked at this and can see some rewarding long winter nights.

Yes it is a pain when you need to unschedule/reschedule after a Clock/Event change. Fortunately we work ahead enough to be able to keep this to a minimum and I have some clever setups that enable me to drop new stuff in once an hour.

Yes it's long compared to 'on the fly' scheduling systems, and one Windows based system which markets itself on the speed of log creation. I have clients who have, or have had these other systems, and they just don't do all the stuff Rivendell does. I can live with the overhead.

You can use a dedicated external music scheduler.

My winter project will be to explore MySQL and MariaDB and see what can be done.

regards

Robert