On Dec 18, 2020, at 16:44, wa7skg <wa7...@wa7skg.com> wrote:

> That takes care of the date issues. Now I need to figure out how to deal with
> the changing episode names. Apparently, the traditional wildcards of * and ?
> do not work in rdcatch. In testing, I find that in ftp, the wildcards do not
> work with the get command, but they do work with mget. Is there possibly any
> way to get rdcatch to use the mget command when fetching files?

It’s been looked into. The problem with it in an rdcatch(1) context is: what to
do if the wildcard matches *multiple* remote files? (Multiple matches are not
only possible, but rather likely in many contexts.)

The bottom line is that putting arbitrary strings into the file names is a
really Bad Idea on the part of the program supplier. It makes downloads
effectively impossible to ingest with any kind of reliability.

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. |             Chief Developer             |
|                           |             Paravel Systems             |
|         A room without books is like a body without a soul.         |
|                                                         -- Cicero   |